Goals & Skills of Group Therapy
Read on if you are intrigued by one Psychologist’s “all inclusive” perspective on Integral Psychotherapy! This group will provide a safe and sacred space to
To be, to experiment and practice being radically and completely:
- real, authentic, congruent, honest, deep, contactful, transpersonal, spontaneous, “translucent”, Enlightened, Empathetic and compassionate (toward self and others)
The goals of the group are:
- To seriously approach what we do in depth
- To accelerate our growth to higher states and stages (particularly stages within 2nd and 3rd tier and beyond)
- To Heal ones deepest wounds, shadow, pains and patterns all the way down to their deepest roots. (emotional, spiritual, cognitive, behavioral, physical)
- To differentiate and integrate polarities and disowned parts of ourselves.
- To break through denial and stuckness on all levels.
- To know what is in front of our face.
- To become fully feeling, fully thinking, fully being individuals.
- To re-instate multi-dimensional organismic self-regulation on all levels.
- To heal shame, low self-esteem fear and “dread of repeat”
- To bring the hidden parts of ourselves into the world.
- To deal practically and skillfully with current situations and problems.
- To risk reaching out as well as reaching in.
- To fully support an in depth Integral Life Practice that acknowledges all four quadrants.
- To move to your next developmental stage (Transcending your previous identities and hidden embedded “reality boxes”)
- To allow for Prototypical experiences
- To develop the neurologic “structures” to hold higher states that transcend and include.
- To use current “triggers” as marvelous vehicles to the underlying driver of past pain.
To further develop skills in the following areas:
- Communication and meta-communication
- Assertiveness & risking
- Fair fighting
- Risking and experimentation
- Emotional, cognitive and spiritual literacy
- Taking second and third person perspectives etc.
- Metatation: Allowing the organism to select its own process (out of many) to run.
- Expanding the “pre-thought” “pre-habit” window
- Emotional release (and containment) (the full range of intensity):
- Crying/sobbing, Anger, Rage, Primaling, Disgust, Fear, “Writhing”
- Emotional expression (the full range) appropriate to both the internal state and external circumstances.
- Critical thinking and “thought formation”
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic management
- Developing and sharpening of all the gross and subtle (not talked about) senses: Including:
- The sense of: Making sense, Being, Reality, Perspective, Presence, Truth, Perception, Figure-ground, Identity, Self, Groundedness, Meaning, Future-past, Honesty-truthfulness, Disgust and toxicity, Violation, Pain-Discontent, Joy and Pleasure, Confidence, self-trust, We, Balance, Logic and contradiction, “Non-locality”, Space, Discernment and differentiation